Dr Sharkey has been a General Adult Psychiatrist since 1998. He has expertise in all the diagnoses that regularly present to the General Adult Psychiatrist. Since 2008, he has worked primarily as a medicolegal practitioner and regards his real expertise in the preparation of reports regarding the symptoms of mental health difficulties in a manner that recognises the requirements of the court.
Dr Sharkey receives instruction from both plaintiff and defence solicitors. He is a GMC assessor and is on the panel of psychiatrists used by the Crown and NHS legal services. The types of cases for which he receives instruction include Personal injury (RTA’s, occupational accidents, cases related to the Troubles), Medical Negligence (psychological consequences of alleged negligence) and Employment Tribunal Reports.
- Adelaide House, Belfast, BT12 6SJ
- Dungannon Enterprise Centre, Dungannon, BT71 6JT
- St Columbs Park House, Derry, BT47 6JY
Evening appointments available in:
- Malone Medical Chambers, Belfast, BT9 5LH
- Antrim Civic Centre, Antrim, BT41 2UB
- Ards Business Centre, Newtownards, BT23 4YH
- i2 Innovation Centre, Portadown, BT63 5PP